Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A nice relaxing day!

We had a "kick back and relax" day today. Was nice to stop "and smell the.....bush"! After a lazy morning of reading, listening to the cockys' squark and generally relaxing, I left Pete engrossed in his book and took a walk into town along Stoney Creek - 4km round trip.

Our "happy hour" visitors last night - they get the prize for the best dressed!
Heading out on my walk I caught Desley feeding her crew.
Loved how they put their claw out when they were ready for a piece of bread -
"me..me...me...me....me...me......" 

The Halls Gap Pub across the road is in a great setting with a fantastic view of the Grampians
No sheep or cattle in these paddocks - only kangaroos

Lovely countryside
Nice for a bit of a nibble


A very picturesque walking/cycling path 


St Johns Church nestled in the bush on the banks of the creek
Feed time!!!!
I was standing right next to them - they didn't budge!
Hi!
McKenzie or MacKenzie?
The race is on around the oval! - they can move fast!
Click to enlarge

An impressive backdrop to Halls Gap main street




Stoney Creek - it was a very different creek three days ago - only a
trickle of water today!
The shops and park,  and the Grampians - couldn't see them when we were
here the other day - shrouded in clouds

Lovely setting at the start of the main street 
The Quarry Restaurant beside Stoney Creek

The creek was very peaceful and quiet today

Lovely cafes and bakery!
Prize Vanilla Slices at this bakery!



The main street looking across to the park.

Park and playground - amazing backdrop


Hmmmmm..........???

Very popular Grampian experiences!

This is it - the shops in Halls Gap


Lots of Stringybarks along the creek



The Quarry Restaurant - great ambience!



My favourite piece of rock.....

........looks like a painting
On the way home along the creek bank

Watched the rock climbers descend
Can you see them ready to climb down -
I could hear their voices before I spied them at the top of the rocks



Very peaceful....

....and serene.

You're back!



The back verandah of the Pub has a great view of the Grampians,
and the kangaroos!
Click to enlarge
The view out the back window of the MH 
Very pleasing to the eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment