Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yeah! Bring on the waves and fun!

Day 8 Hawaii, Kona,23/09/2011

After our "smash fest" at the gym (a De-Manda term!) we enjoyed a great couple of hours at the White Sands Beach and I had a smash fest on the boogie board! The water was a really nice temperature and  I had great fun catching the waves - or should I say shore dumpers!  Couldn't believe how strong the surf was but it made it a lot more fun! Got caught by surprise with a bigger than usual wave and tried to go over the top of it but alas the wave had other ideas and over the falls I went - big time!!!! An unusual sensation doing a backflip down a wave - I got hammered!- didn't know where I was ! BUT I surfaced unscathed and  beside a cossie full of sand and a bit of hurt pride (must have been a scream watching from the beach!) I headed out for some more punishment! Loved it! My ever gallant Pete was keeping a watchful eye on me and was ready to run to my rescue if I had not have surfaced! - so he tells me! Loved my hour of frolicking - will be going back for some more very soon!

or locally nicknamed "White sands" or "Magic Sands"



Good waves!

Watched all the vessels returning from their morning snorkelling trips to Captain Cook Monument.
Beautiful Body Glove glided past - memories of a great K-Swiss Party aboard this lovely boat!

Spot Vicki! Readying to go into battle with the waves!
Riding the board to shore
Will she brave another one after that dumping!
Beach Runner - or that is what this little chappy should be called - had us
in stitches watching the little legs go at a hundred miles an hour as it and the
family scurried about on the beach! 
Spot the turtle. He was swimming around through our legs in the surf. 
Heading home after a lot of fun in the sun and surf!
Nice beach! and just down the road! Very convenient1

Amanda, our trusty coach and overseer wasn't able to attend our afternoon gym session so Pete and I battled out a good weights and resistance session ourselves! Yeah!

Tonight I had a cooking lesson from the GF Masterchef Amanda McKenzie and I turned out a delicious Chicken Gnocchi for dinner - the red wine while making the dish was the secret ingredient I was told! Worked wonderfully!

Cooking the chicken gnocchi, plus-  see the secret ingredient!
Thanks Amanda! Loved cooking tonight!
Belisimo!!!


Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment